Monday, June 29, 2009

Books.

My title says it all. I LOVE BOOKS. Seriously, I am obsessed with them. When I was single, I used to fall asleep with 5-10 books surrounding me in bed because I would read a section in about 3 or more different books a night. That habit promptly stopped when I got married, (the sleeping WITH the books, not the reading them before sleeping- right now I have 3 on my bedside table) but I do love them still. There is something friendly about a book. My favorite gifts are books too. I never remember what gifts people give me, but if you give me a book~I'll remember!! There was the Emily Dickinson poetry books from the old boyfriend, 3 Francine Rivers books from the old best friend, in 8th grade it was the Janette Oke book series from Grandma, an "old" version of my favorite Shakespeare play from a college friend (12th Night)... ahhh such fond memories.
Tonight I attended my book club. We are a bunch of ladies from church who meet in different homes every 5-6 weeks. (But we don't read all "churchy" books!) It is so delightful! Everyone has welcoming minds and opinions and non are scorned for tastes that may be contrary to another. We gab for a good 3 hours! I wouldn't miss book club night for the world....

No comments:

Post a Comment