Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dusty Treasures

Delightful finds this evening in the bookstore! With time to meander in the used book section- sans husband and child- I was thrilled to find this devotional book we had gotten as a wedding gift 4 years ago. We took it on our anniversary trip a year later and left it behind in a hotel room. A sentimental, romantic bargain ~ $7.00 for a hardcover!
Another dusty gem I found- copyright 1985- subtitled, "100 proven ways to nurture your child's faith." I am pretty sure my mom had this one for us; if not, I think she could have written the book! It has wonderful topics from creating meaningful holidays and birthdays, to memorizing scripture and a games for car rides. So practical and timeless! (God's Word is both!)



What have been some of your parenting books that your parents used, and now you have turned to? Any other great suggestions out there?!

No comments:

Post a Comment