I am an impatient person. However, each day's trivial events don't grate me. Waiting in line, driving slowly down wintery, pothole ridden roads, and noisy kids don't drive me too batty. I just don't like waiting for summer, God's direction on the next step, the start of a new job, etc. This is where I really stink at trying to "let go, and let God" as the cliched phrase says. I KNOW God is in control, and I completely (well, mostly) trust his plan, but I just want it NOW, or at least on my time frame. (Which ironically, does not usually seem to be God's time frame.)
I like to act, be aggressive, driven, decisive. God usually asks me to be still, pray, trust and wait. Waiting is work for me. I have to learn to fill my mind with thoughts that are "true,noble, right, pure,lovely,and admirable."(Phil.4:8) I get tempted to create an event, initiate a process, or decide a matter prematurely. So I learn to memorize this verse, and spend my thoughts in prayers for others, and for GOD's perfect plan, not mine. His plan is always better anyway.
Thanks for leaving a comment..I didn't know you were back at blogging! :)
ReplyDeleteI agree wholeheartedly with your facebook/blogger feelings. I let facebook steal too much of my time...as I used to do with blogger. But there's something a little more meaningful about carefully composing a blog post...it seems slightly more 'real' than quick facebook commenting and 'liking' and all the mindless wandering :)
But still...seeing you in the workroom (however rushed and short) is even better. Someday we'll have to share a meal again.