Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Facebook Fasting

I have never truly fasted. I need to try sometime, but I think I would need someone to do it with me. However, for Lent this year I have given up Facebook. I have tried to put self-imposed rules on my Facebooking, but I would repeatedly blow them off. I found myself squandering 20 minutes here, 15 there on it. So I decided to go cold-turkey and completely cut myself off Facebook for the Lenten season. I miss seeing pictures and chatting with friends, but I rarely LONG for facebook. Today the thought came to my mind, "When has a comment on facebook ever made a lasting impression on me?" Never! There is no substitute for real "face" contact. But notice, I do turn back to this blog now that I am Facebook-less. I think there are greater merits to blogging in a lasting sense. I like to look back at my own posts and those of others, and read how God knits our stories so complexly and perfectly. Its amazing! That is one benefit of blogging over FB. But alas, FB is downright easier still.

No comments:

Post a Comment