Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunny Sunday

I like the listing/review idea of each week. It helps me process things I believe.
to start off:
1. Playdates- we've been having fun mornings out with friends and their kids recently. At a few of them Sweetpea got to play with playdough and loved it. So I bought some at our friendly, local Meijer. The wonderful thing about it is she will play with it for almost an hour while I can putter in and out while doing housework. We think it is quite charming how she pronounces it too :) Since she rarely pronounces words incorrectly, I had to capture it on film .



2. Sticky keys- Sweetpea also sprayed Koolaid on my keyboard and it is really ANNOYING to type now. I am not sure what do do about it. urrrgggg.

3. Tangled- we Redboxed this last night and I thought it was quite a charming film. I am not totally sold on all the disney films- I esp. don't like Aladdin or Lion King, but I did enjoy Tangled.

4. I am getting excited at the thought of planting our garden. We need to get manure so we can get our lettuce and sugar peas planted SOON. I love the trip to the greenhouse when we buy all the tender plant and seeds for our little (15ft by 30 ft) plot of ground. I can only hope that my husband won't have to work AS much as last year and might help with some of the weeding ;)

5. Melatonin- I've had a real problem with sleep during all this anxiety and grief that I am dealing with since the loss of Caleb. And a lack of sleep really increases the anxiety, so I have been taking the liquid form of Melatonin from our health food store at night and it seems to help most of the time. Any other good tricks for sleeping solidly through the night?

6. Today was gloriously sunny and oddly warm (85degrees!!) and we enjoyed meals and walks with family. It was very mood lifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment