1. I switched to a different counselor and counseling center. Only one session so far and it was SO much better. I am SO glad that I switched. The person just seemed to "get me." The only way I know how to put it. Ironically it was a male counselor. My previous one was a female. Maybe this is a bad generalization, but I think the female ones tend to be more of listeners, soft, comforting, etc. Which I don't need. I need someone to force me to dig into my emotions, tear things apart and be more questioning and intrusive-maybe those are more male tendencies in counseling. Plus I am going to go every week and the last place only had 2 or 3 week openings.
2. Cooking Among Friends- I am doing this cooking plan with some friends for work. There are 6 of us and we each make 6 of 1 freezable recipe-then swap. So we'll have 6 different meals in our freezer at the end. Since 2 of us are going to make 2 recipes we'll all end up with 8 meals! I am making salsa chicken wraps (from a friend's website) and Chicken broccoli quiche- yum!
3. Double Date! Tonight we are going out with another couple to On the Border (because we have a gift card there from Christmas!) and to River City Improv. We even hired a babysitter- not family! Amazing. I am really looking forward to relaxing with some good laughs. Last time Dave and I went just the 2 of us we loved it!
4. It is a rainy, blah day. So we did what everyone else does- went shopping. Blah. But I had to return a dress and pick up a few things. So we went to the non-popular mall (Centerpointe) and Target. It wasn't SO bad. I really was sick of it by the end. It is kind of weird that my husband is a better shopper than I am. I just get frustrated with trying clothes on, my weight, what things cost, how I want so much more when I see all the cute things, etc. I avoid going to stores- unless they are filled with books of course:)
5. Taxes= mailed. Now we have to wait a good long time to get our return since we had to paper file.
6. Princesses crap. How to avoid it. Seriously?? I REFUSE to purchase clothing or attire to be worn with disney princesses plastered all over them. However, why, oh why does my 2 year old adore them already? Pretty much everything she has with them (books, placemat...) were gifts for her. I guiltly have to admit we did buy undies- but that was for motivation and the fact that no one sees them. But back to the question- why does she love them? She has never seen one of their movies. I just don't get it. My theory is just keep it in moderation- no clothes, no bedroom decorations, no big toys and hopefully it won't stick forever.
7. off to the treadmill- watching Secretariat currently. Not impressed. The main character actually kind of annoys me.
I feel the same way about shopping. It'd be much more fun if I had endless money and felt great about my body.
ReplyDeleteGlad you found a better counselor. I went to a counselor at Cornerstone once and felt the same way about her. She made me lay on the floor and practice breathing exercises. Haha. I only went because I had to have tried counseling before my doctor would write me a prescription for anxiety medicine.
sjkodde05@yahoo.com :-)
ReplyDeleteI hope you have better luck with the Disney princess thing. I started out with the same resolve. I do like fairy tales...but I only ever read/watched classic versions of the stories as a child... and even then, I always thought the disney versions of the princesses were 'cute' but not quite right.
ReplyDeleteI quite dislike 'character' clothing and decor as a rule and thought we'd avoid movies for a long time. But neither my husband nor my in-laws were exactly on board with this. And the elmo, disney, wonder-pets, dora, even (gag) barbie gifts & DVD's just keep rolling in. And yes, the disney princesses have some sort of scary magnetism for little girls. I've been worn down. :)
Good luck with the princess thing. I completely agree with you and have already planned on pretty much banning that stuff from my future kids :)
ReplyDeleteAs for the movie, I actually enjoyed parts of it, but yeah, the character was a little annoying. I mostly cheered for the horse. I think I liked that other horse racing movie better though, although the title eludes me at the moment.