Sunday, March 27, 2011

Review in a list

Every day is different. I can hardly remember what happened on Monday, the weeks feel so long right now!
But a few points from this past week:
1. *T.M.I. info warning* Potty training bootcamp. UGH. At first she was excited because she wore princess undies and got to eat chocolate bunnies she picked out at the store. And she had 2 poops and 2 pees the first day! However that was beginners luck. Each day since we've had some "Action" on the potty, but quite a bit of "action" on the floor as well :( Not sure whether to just quit until she fully initiates it herself or keep plopping her on it every 1/2 hr when we are home.

2. Wednesday- awfulness. Not sure why. Cried a ton for no apparent reason. Called Grandma- she had us over and sent us home with dinner. Lifesaver.

3. Counselor- mmahh. Gave a good breathing technique, but wasn't an astounding session. However, I am telling myself it was just the first and that it takes awhile to build. I just am not sure I "click" with the lady. We'll see. I am giving it time.

4. Grandparents- My other set is home from FL!! We loved seeing them Saturday for pizza. I love having both sets of my Grandparents around. They both are fun and active and involved in our lives.

6. Adoption Fundraiser- usually these are a family-style- gym-dinner kind of thing. But this one- wow! Posh. The top floor of the BOB downtown GR with live music, free pizza and beer, silent action. It turned out to be tons of fun visiting with friends for the night.

7. Friends. We had a couple over for dinner last night. They go to our church and we invited them to our adoption support group- they are adopting from Korea. It is interesting how sometimes as a couple, you just "click" with another couple. These people are like that even though they are 10+ years older than we are. We tend to like hanging out with older people anyway. It was nice and it forced me to get my house clean! haha. Hubby helped a lot with that :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh potty training bootcamp is so stressful! I think I cry every time. Hope it gets better. If you really can't handle it..it is in the rule book that you're allowed to take a break and reconvene. ;) I did with Gideon.

    Sounds like your life is really full and happy! Good to hear. You're lucky to have grandparents nearby. I miss ours.

    ReplyDelete