Sunday, March 13, 2011

Your Face, Oh Lord I Seek....



Life has been just plain rough in 2011. It started off awful and then continued in a bleak path. I don't mean to be depressing, but sometimes life is so hard. There are 2 devotionals that have become meaningful to me during this time. The first is one that was given to us just after we were married. We had found out the month before our wedding that I should never get pregnant because of my congenital heart defect. Needless to say, we had to grieve and wade through this fact-something that still hurts. Streams in the Desert is a devotional that speaks so directly to me when I am journeying through the valley. I have in turn bought it and given it to others. The second devotional was just recommended to us from a neighbor, who is going through some extremely terrible things himself. It is titled Jesus Calling.
I will most likely be here more often in the days to come-mostly because I am fasting from Facebook for Lent. I waste entirely too much time surfing Facebook and there are several other reasons, beside time for this fast. Maybe that will be a future post.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry 2011 hasn't been all that great for you... hang in there dear, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered when you found out. Interesting to hear more small pieces to your story. It's funny being light friends with somebody and wondering about the other bits to their life that you don't know. I've been praying and thinking of you lately and have on and off for years although a lot of the time I didn't know what the issues were that you were dealing with.

    I'll go look those books up on Amazon. Great to have some reading to investigate. Streams In The Desert sound familiar for sure.

    ReplyDelete