10 research papers, 31 final exams, 4 trips out to school and 1 graduation. That is the countdown until my official start to summer. Though temps have been in the high 80s this past week, the garden is planted, and
Sweetpea has been in a kiddie pool 4 days in a row, it won't feel like summer has started until I can let out a huge sigh of relief from school ending. And I do mean ENDING.
I am not going back to teaching next year. Typing that statement makes me pause and contemplate.
I am confused about my feelings regarding that decision. I know it is what I want and believe is best for
Sweetpea, my home, and time. Yet, I am going to miss being a teacher. I am going to miss my
colleagues, interactions with students, reading and analyzing great literature, and the overall satisfaction of knowing,
"I am a teacher." There is a certain humble pride in that fact. The responsibility is weighty and scary often, yet honoring and daring too.
I can't decide if I am elated over the fact I will be home next year, or worried about my emotional wellbeing. I crave and need interaction with people, activities, conversations, and deadlines. When I sit at home with nothing to do (haha, yeah right- laundry, crafts, cleaning, food) I tend to get pensive and low emotionally. I need a social calendar, and school provides that for me. So I need to create some ideas for myself, so far I have thought of the following items:
1. Plan and prepare healthier meals for my family
2. Share a meal with another family (either delivered to them, or shared in our home) once a month. (A bit nervous about this)
3. Join the Wednesday morning Bible study at my church. (Yeay! I am excited about this one!)
4. Organize a closet a month. (ugh, necessary, repeatedly)
5. Pray that God brings another stay-at-home mom in my neighborhood to be a friend.
6. Pray God brings us more children. The one we have could use some siblings :)
No comments:
Post a Comment