Thursday, May 13, 2010

RAIN.


Oddly enough, I don't mind precipitation. Rain, snow, hail, none of it bothers me. It is just the lack of light that makes my feet drag a bit slower. If it could be sunny rain, or sunny snow, I'd be perfectly content. The dreary lack of sun for the last 3+ days has bogged me down. It is even worse than a typical January here.

But enough complaining and a bit more rejoicing. I have 10 more school days left! And that, my friends is cause for celebration. Its been a decent school year, rather average, but like any teacher, student or administrator I am craving summer. We have 1 or
2 camping excursions planned each month. I am really looking forward to planting and watching the vegetable garden grow also. I can't wait to see Sweetpea play in the kiddie pool as well as Grandpa and Grandma's pool. However, that is bittersweet note to touch on. This will be t
he last summer my Grandparents have their pool according to Grandpa, who is 80+ years old and is getting too tired to care for the HUGE yard and pool. I know I am going to bawl and bawl when they move. I get teary-eyed just thinking about it. They built the house when I was five. I have spent my childhood, teen, and young adult years celebrating birthdays, showers, graduations and everyday life in their backyard. It has an in-ground pool, shuffleboard court, volleyball net, 1/2 basketball court, gazebo, poolhouse etc. It has been the family meeting place for years. I so wish my children would be able to have memories o
f it.
Sweetpea is 17 months and quite the chatterbox. She has no fears of the dark; she LOVES it when you jump around the corner and shout BOO to scare her, she'll say hi to anyone in the store and her favorite animal is a dog or RAARR - a tiger :) My hubby built her a sandbox this spring, which has been entertaining, because every time she puts her hands in the sand and plays, she'll lift them up and say "dirty" and try to wipe it all off or have me wipe it off. Too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment