Sunday, April 11, 2010

Wham!

"So do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is,- his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2
I read this verse in the Bible during the sermon at church today. You know, when the pastor starts rambling a little and so you just start flipping through the Bible, or reading ahead on the sermon notes... yeah, I was doing that. So anyway, as I was not paying attention, this verse pinched a nerve in me. And you also know, pinched nerves hurt! I have been praying the last 2+ months that God will reveal what his plan is for our next adoption, or at least what our next step is. I have been frustrated by the silence of God on this too. God doesn't hide his will however. We need to de-clutter our minds. So for the next week or so, I want to ask myself, "What is this world's pattern that I am succumbing to and how can I renew my mind?" 2 excellent questions, on the quest for God's best will!

On a more frivolous note, sadly Spring Break is ending :( But it has been fun- visiting the butterfly garden with cousins:
Visiting with high school girl friends and their kids...
cheesing on THE Cheese at Calvin College:

No comments:

Post a Comment