I am not sure this is how I should feel about my Lenten Facebook fast. Should I be so ready to jump back on that I've even had the thought today, "Oh, I can just get on today, I mean I held fast the WHOLE time, what will going on 1 day early really mean?" But no, I won't get on. But for some odd reason, I am extremely tempted today. Weird. A few observations on this 40 day FB fast:
1. Shockingly, after the initial 3 days or so, it really wasn't that hard! Oh, there were moments of, "Urg. I really want to see what is going on on FB" But overall, once I quit cold-turkey, I only thought of it at night when I was doing schoolwork.
2. I had to be more deliberate about my relationships. Meaning, if I truly had something important to communicate with a friend, I actually had to call or email them! *gasp*
3. I missed seeing pictures of friends and family.
4. I thought less in facebook statuses and more in real life. However, it was annoying when I would come up with a witty status and I couldn't post it.
5. Sometimes I felt like a burden to family and friends who wanted to communicate info to the group across FB and had to contact me a different way. (but this was rare)
6. I really do need to limit my time on FB to once or twice a day.
7. With number 6 being admitted, FB is NOT the bane of our American Civilization. I really do like it, and I think it is a great tool, but like everything else- in moderation.
8. I think I am going to "Weed" through my friends when I get back on and be more limiting.
9. I should focus more on the resurrection of Jesus than anything else right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment