Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday Reflections

I am posting this from a northern small town on Lake Mi. It sounds idyllic- and usually it is nice in the summer time- but the weather is crappy- so we are stuck inside with too many people, dogs and nothing to do. Perfect blogging time. It seriously is hard to look back on my week and remember everything that happened. Everyday is such a battle it seems.
1. Mon- Adoption group at night. Nothing extraordinary- but always good.
2. Tuesday- We had my friend and her 2 kids over in the morning. It was wonderful to catch up with her. It has been several months since we've been together! I am always surprised at how much I enjoy her presence when we do. Sounds strange-but its true. Hoping to meet up more with her. She lives about 30-40 minutes away, which as a teenager, for some reason didn't seem a big deal (Gas was also 90 cents a galloon) But when you are carting kids, juggling schedules, dinner, etc,-it can be tough to meet up. Also had the neighbors over for dinner.
3. Wednesday Night- last night of church activities for the year. YAAAY. Hubby was a leader in our cadets program- which was so good for him and for the boys he led, but I began to kind of dread Wednesdays because the day seemed sooo lonnnggg to me since he'd often be home only a half hour to and hour.
4. Thursday- succinct confession time: I had a panic attack at work- which ironically was a good day to have it since I could go to my mom's for lunch and cry it out and then I see my counselor in the afternoons. It is odd to me that I get these attacks when I am in a perfectly relaxed state. I like work and love my co-workers. Plus I only work 1 and 1/2 day a week and it is SO NOT stressful. I have concluded and accepted the fact that I am going to go on some kind of medication for a time period. It has been a journey to get to that point. I was VERY adverse to "drugs" initially. But after dealing with this for so long, a friend who stated, "Relying on God and taking medication are not exclusive" and talking with my counselor, I am to the point where I know I need it for a season. Sorry, that wasn't too succinct, but there is more involved I left out :)
5. Friday- Fun morning shopping morning with my Grandma, Meijer Gardens, and Grandma's chicken salad lunch- yumm. Then in the afternoon I found a great bargain at a church garage sale- 25 dollar playhouse. Ab loves it! I also tried something my counselor suggested- progressive muscle relaxation. It sounds hokey but the straight forward kind is rather interesting. (Youtube) I've never talked to anyone that has done it, but it seemed well known when I researched it.
6. Massage! My amazing friend (The one who made the earlier statement) also sent me a gift card to get a massage to the place she goes. The thing is, I've been wanting to get a massage but have felt very hesitant- I want to go somewhere recommended so it isn't a shady kind of place. Since I trust her and it sounds like a nice salon I am super excited!!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how that progressive relaxation goes... my speech teacher recommended it, but I thought it sounded hokey as well, plus I don't really have a problem talking in front of groups. I COULD use another way to de-stress though, so keep me posted :)

    I miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete