Monday, August 16, 2010

A glorious day...

It has been my kind of day. A gift from God. The weather is in the lower breezy, sunny 70s. PERFECT for when the air conditioning in the house breaks and a morning of canning peaches with my grandmother is planned. Although the canning didn't go very well, (The peach doesn't want to come off the pit as grandma says) at least we got 2 canners completed and spent some time together while Sweetpea played very happily. I got to chat online with my dear sister in Honduras and then had some time to pick up the house while Sweetpea sleeps soundly. We have many tomatoes, peppers, cucs, broccoli, etc. from our garden. Sadly however the weeds are as tall as the plants. *cringe* My laziness kicked in about mid-July and I quit weeding. Oops. But we are still enjoying the fruit of God's green beauty!
Not much going on on the adoption front. Surprisingly I am okay with that. We have our physicals this week, and once the doctors complete their paperwork, we mail a stack of completed forms into the agency and we are on to the next step. I am DREADING creating the profile. But my attitude this time around is to focus and pray about the one step we are in at the moment and not get riled up over what is coming. So pooh. I don't care about the profile right now. (ahem, well maybe a little concerned) BUT "I know who holds tomorrow, and I know who holds my hand." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment